20.9.07

9/20/07 Thursday-We're in South Africa!

We only have one more flight before we're finally in Mozambique. We were greeted by an amazingly gorgeous sunrise upon landing here in J'burg. So far, so good...we're just hoping the same for our luggage! I thought I would share my journal from my flight to Paris on Wed. It kinda summarizes everything I'm feeling:

9/19/07-I sit here on a plane high above the Atlantic Ocean-smack in the middle. Everyone around me asleep, lights dimmed, all is quiet; but outside the plane's windows it is bright as day-clear blue sprinkled with white fluffy clouds. Then you called to me. I read through Philippians and as I do, I am amazed at your goodness, faithfulness, and perfect timing. This very weekend one year ago I told you I would not go to Africa and you brought me to my knee. After months of trying, patiently waiting for me to sit still in your presence and listen, you had had enough. Mute for 3 days we wrestled and in the end, you spared me. I walked away with only a limp. I conceded and fell at your feet. You restored me and continued sharing your vision with me-a vision I am carrying out in this moment as I am on my way to Africa. That semester in Inversion, we dove into Philippians and you spoke to me often through those words. Funny now, one year later to the date, as a body, Fellowship is studying these words again. As I read over it a few moments ago, I was reminded of how you spoke to my heart and how all these things have been fulfilled since then.

"And I am sure of THIS, that he who began a good work in you WILL bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
-Phil 1:6

"Let each of you look not only to his own interest, but also to the interest of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus...but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant...he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death...so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory tof God the Father."
-Phil 2:4-11

"For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Do ALL things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you SHINE as lights in the wold, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be poud that I did NOT run in vain or labor in vain."
-Phil 2:13-16

"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining foward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
-Phil 3:13b-14

"Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved."
-Phil 4:1

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say REJOICE. Let your reasonablesness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do NOT be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-Phil 4:4-7

"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abudnance and need. I can do ALL things through him who strengthens me."
-Phil 4:11-13

"To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen."
-Phil 4:20

It is such wonderful reassurance to watch Him work out His plans for His glory and I know that many unimanginable riches are in store. I cannot explain the peace this has given me as I embark on this journey-truly giving my life wholly to Him!

"In hope he believed against hope...He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body...No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he has promised." -Romans 4:18-21

After true acceptance of His promises, I feel these verses sum up this past year of my walk. I feel and pray it will remain true for this coming season!

No comments: