4.10.07

Back Home

Well, I'm safe back in the states and attempting to recover from some serious jet lag. We were blessed-all our bags made it safe and sound both to and from Mozambique and neither of us had trouble with jetlag after arriving at Zimpeto. I am so thankful for all of you that continued praying for us while we were away. We could both feel the effects of everything you lifted up. While I was there I spoke with the Assistant Directors about my desire to come on long-term with Iris. I have to wait 30 days before applying. They use this with all their applicants as a cooling off period to be spent in prayer. After applying, they will give me a timeline of when I can expect to hear back from them. They pray over applicants and wait till they here God speak. I was informed that they always need nurses so hopefully it won't take too long. I would love to know before Christmas as my lease ends 2 days after. The only other things that could delay me going would be when they would have housing openings ON base and obtaining all my pledges to cover my financial needs. At this time, they require a 1 year committment, which I am prepared to make after making my visit there.

Prayer requests in the meantime:
-I will have a stillness and peace, a time to recharge in these next 30 days
-Financial support will continue to come in (praise-my first trip was completely covered by gifts and pledges and i have 1/4 of my monthly support goal met with pledges).

Since I had no access to internet or phones while there, I'm posting some of my journal entries and pictures now.

No comments: