5.3.09

Video update

Blogging's been a little slow. Not much happening here but lots of rest, relaxation, and good fellowship. I have less than 2 weeks left before I'm back in Mozambique. I'm ready to be back as I miss my munchkins bunches, but I'm enjoying the family and friends time along with simply resting and breathing. I'll be leaving the US on the 10th to head to London with one of my closest friends Jackie. Mission: to secure a 13 month visa from the Mozambican embassy there. oh and to catch up with Jackie and enjoy the sights a little as my last hoorah before heading back for another 6 months. I am really excited and very thankful for this opportunity.

I have to say that I have been very blessed by being home. It's been really good and I've so enjoyed catching up with everyone. I'm thankful for each of you that have really been interested in my story and all that God's doing. I've loved sharing it with you. Thanks to each of you that have spared a bed or room for me, provided meals, fellowship, and laughs and hugs. It's been good. really good. I wish I could give ya'll something back for everything you've done for me and all the support that ya'll have showered me with. I can't....well not exactly in a physical way. But, I do have something for you.

It's my video I've been travelling around sharing with everyone. It's 14 minutes of sheer enjoyment documenting my last 8 months in Mozambique. So sit back, pop some popcorn, and start watching. You'll learn something too...the first few minutes are pictures I've taken from the community in and around Maputo where I'm living with facts about Mozambique. The rest is featuring me and all the kids you are helping me serve along with a few short stories of God's goodness and mercy. I hope this gives you some insight into the lives of these little ones, Mozambique, and the mission i'm serving! Thanks again. I love each of you. I couldn't do it without ya'll.


Mozambique June '08-Feb. '09 from Erin Welton on Vimeo.

Thank you, thank you , thank you. I'll say it again. Thank you.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Erin! This is Lacey. I'm so glad you sent me the link to your blog! It's awesome! Your video is so cool. I loved seeing you 2 weekends ago. Get lots of rest and have fun with Jackie in London!

Amy said...

I am so glad to have the opportunity to watch your video. Awesome pictures...awesome message! Will continue to be in prayer for you, the center, the kids, and the country. Have a safe journey back...praising God you were able to get your visa to enable you with more time!