5.7.10

Nashville bound

It's been 5 weeks since I've left Mozambique.  Some days its easy to forget that I spent the last 2 years of my life there.  Some days are hard and I miss everything about being there.  Someday are even harder.  But it's been a good transition so far, and I've spent the last month with my immediate family in SC and extended family in LA.  It's been such a blessing.  While I've gotten tons done, I've also rested and attempted to process a bit.  But just a bit (I'm a GREAT avoider/procrastinator).

So now that I've forwarded my mail, changed my address with the banks, renewed and changed my address for my TN driver's license, reactivated my TN nursing license, changed my address with my voter registration people, updated my address for my CA nursing license, applied for a per diem nursing job, updated my resume, created my CV, and applied to graduate school......it's time.......to move back to NASHVILLE.

I'm excited about being back to see everyone.  On Thursday I'll have an interview for the job I applied for....and I should start graduate school (online) in August.  I'm still working out tiny details.  Scratch that.  God's still divulging all the tiny details He's already worked out.  So I'll let everyone know more when I do, but I can't wait to be back at my church and fellowshipping with my friends who I have missed terribly since being gone! 

I'm super pumped, too, about living with Courtney!  She assured me multiple times, that my new room is completely barren and undecorated minus the mattress and box spring.....to which I replied multiple times that all I need is a bed and a room and I'm golden.  After all, I've spent the last 2 years staring at pretty barren cement block walls day in and out.....I think I can get through the next 6 months or so without needing all the extras.  After much thought, a few tough days, and an amazing 50% off sale at an already amazingly cheap store.....I decided to pick up a few frames and print some photos to place around on the walls to remind me of where I've come, why I'm here for the moment, and where I'm going!

Also, I'm starting to look at nailing down dates to visit cities and speak with groups.  If you've already talked with me about making plans when I'm ready.....well, I'm ready.....so email me back and let's find something that works for everyone!  If you haven't already contacted me, think about it, and let me know.  I can't wait to visit with everyone that's been faithfully supporting me over the last 2 years and share what God's been up to and where I'm headed.  Prayers for everything is appreciated!


No comments: