24.10.07

Joy and Despair

Joy and despair married together.

These pictures from the Bocaria flooded through my inbox this week reminding me of the faces I haven't been able to remove from my mind since I returned. I'm praying for a respite time between now and when I leave. I need renewal and peace; a quiet that I haven't found outside of Mozambique. I've had a hard time since returning because my heart is not here in Nashville anymore and waiting to be reunited has produced some of the hardest moments in my life. I think I need grace in this time. I'm finding it hard to serve where He has me for these last few months. I never thought I would say it, but I'm ready to leave Nashville. I'm unclear which of the two realities is the more difficult one.

Setting my eyes on His kingdom...


The Lord has promised good to me

His word my hope secures

He will my shield and portion be

As long as life endures

My chains are gone

I've been set free

My God, my Savior has ransomed me


The earth shall soon dissolve like snow

The sun forbear to shine

But God, Who called me here below

Will be forever mine

-"Amazing Grace" by Chris Tomlin

No comments: