4.10.08

Words and moments of the week

Words for the week:

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of the them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would counte them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you."
-Psalm 139:13-18
"And He is before ALL things, and IN HIM ALL things hold together."
-Colossians 1:17
"Therefore let us be grateful for recieving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire."
-Hebrews 12:28-29
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
-2 Corninthians 12:9-10
Moments of the week:
  • Dino (just turned 2) playing with all the new-to-him toys in his room before bedtime and being utterly frightened (and screaming loudly) by all the stuffed animals (including a fuzzy smiling teddy bear), dinosaurs, and practically anything that could be alive in real life. Then the next day when watching Madagascar the cartoon movie before bedtime, screaming everytime the lion came on with sheer terror in his eyes. Good thing he was the main character.
  • Mindah (18 months) has an undeniable and illogical fear of anyone new...translation....all the visitors that frequent the BH. Me coming into the BH and her running up to me with arms outstretched and then wedging her head between my knees to "hide herself" from them....she wouldn't let go and followed me around the BH like that till I picked her up. Then the next day planting herself face first and digging it the deepest she could into her mattress with her butt sticking in the air like an ostrich screaming bloody murder....when asked why she's screaming like that and unconsolable by talking to her and patting her (she won't even remove her head from her "hole") I was told a visitor had just picked her up...then immediately set her right back down (who wouldn't when a kid acts like that)....Oh, I replied...well, then...she'll needs to be picked up-promise it will work...just a millisecond will do. Tracey-picks up ostrich mindah, mindah opens her eyes to see who has her....immediately turns off the tears and screams, starts sucking her thumb and practically smiling. She is set right back into the crib where she crosses her legs and starts babbling and playing.
  • Julio (the new kid-3 yrs old) discovering what a slide is for the very first time......hysterical smiles and laughter followed.....priceless really. then wanting to go down it a thousand times. good thing is is super light.
  • the older girls (4-5 yrs)-raquel, martinha 1 and 2, and telma playing house and acting like Lorenco (21 months) is a baby-trying to capalana him, rock him, feed him with a pretend bottle and spoon, ect....all the while Lourenco is screaming and crying huge tears (this kid is as passive as they come)

I always wonder how kids get some of the wierdest fears at such a young age.....and I love watching them discover even the simplest things for the first time....and then go back to wondering how their imagination works. They are fearfully and wonderfully made, each with their own purpose and being. All with a heart God placed within and set to beating, breathing life into them. I wonder what plans he has for each of our precious tots.....and how I can encourage them to grow into adults whoose lives are in living worship for Our Father. Mozambique is the country He has purposed them for....it is their country....and they are the only ones able to affect change....ignite a fire from the inside and let their light shine so brightly.

No comments: