30.12.09

Other events you missed out on

Lots have happened in the last few weeks and I just haven't had the time to blog.  Yikes!

Poor little Jose was playing with a soccer ball and fell and cracked open his head!  There was lots and lots and lots of blood.  We went to a nearby clinic to get it sewed up which was an experience (and story) in and of itself.  I love Mozambique.  I wish I had a better picture cause they only put 3 ginormous stitches in his head with the biggest thread and needle i have ever seen in my entire life.  Quite unneccessary for a 3 yr old.  But whatever.  It aint pertty, but it got the job done!



I played with babies in water which will never cease to bore me.  Babies playing in buckets of water is just cute!

Enocue is READY, but Alberto and Lena thought surely we were going to torture them...


 



they soon warmed up to the idea.....





splashing erin is FUN!

20 month old twins Lena and Enocue





and just because they are cute, i played with lots and lots of babies.  i can't help it.  i love tots!






Wesley and the TICKLE monster!!!

we gave...erghhh....tried to give meds to lots and lots of really sick tots!

Nurses: -2  Chelsia:  +2




And we said goodbye to Chris (for a bit).  I don't know why on EARTH she would want to leave us (something about needing to cool off and rest up and see family).  whatever.








**Say a few prayers for our tots if you think about us.  Quite a few have had very serious chest infections and really high fevers (think 104 degrees).  I think I currently have 9 out of 43 children on antibiotics at the moment.

Here's hoping 2010 is a GREAT and BLESSED year!  Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: