8.12.08

Anamais (animals)

Here's a photo journal of all the different animals (well, there were also a lot of bugs and even tons of birds i don't remember the names of any more) we saw on our safari expedition. I have tons (think in the range of 500 pictures) to sort through and a bunch of short video clips from the last 6 days but hopefully by next week or so i'll have them uploaded unto my photo and video site under "December". I also got some amazing snapshots of the community and life in Mozambique as we drove back from SA to the center on Sunday. I want to sort through those as well and will upload some as time allows to my photo site and place in a folder labeled "Life in Mozambique". I know many of you wonder what it's like outside the center and honestly, words can't do it justice. Look foward to those in the future, but for now, enjoy these:

Buffalo

Crocodile

Dung Beatle (he's cool, admit it....look at the size of that thing)

baby Elephant (aka dumbo)

pair of Giraffes

Gorilla

Hippos

Hyena

Impalas (aka African Bambies, but they call them fries since there are so many and they make a nice side addition to any meal in consumed in Kruger; also we named the very newly born babes-small fries)
Kudu

2 bachelor Lions (aka Mufasa and Scar)

family of Monkeys

a pair of lovebirds (aka Ostriches)

Rhino mommy and baby
Vultures sitting high above in a tree waiting for their next meal
Warthog (aka Puma)
Wildabeast (aka attempted murderers of mufasa)

Zebra

Yes, eventhing relates to kids movies...I can't help it. It's how I think-in movies, books, and music. Also, I've seen Lion King 2x in the last 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love all your pictures (and so do my kids)...you are a great photographer of animals!

Happy Birthday too by the way. I hope you have a fantastic day!

erin said...

Thanks! They are easier than kids to photograph. he he....that and a sport setting and a rapid fire setting to take lots in a row helped wonders. that and the fact the animals were so close. :)