19.12.08

stuff happens.....e outras coisas (and other things)

Here’s a little update from the past 2 weeks as always in word and picture fashion:


We have a saying here-“TIA” or “This is Africa” although most recently, I like TIM for This is Mozambique. That being said…..sometimes…..stuff happens. Notice the sign on the side of the truck…..

Yes that does say interwaste….it’s the sewage truck that pumps the sewage from our containers buried underneath the ground….they backed up a little too much, the truck was a little too heavy, and down went the ground. They had to pump out all the sewage in the truck into the giant swimming pool of stuff and then dig out the truck.
Two tow trucks later……

My birthday was the 10th! Hooray! I had 2 cakes; about 80 cards, ecards, phonecalls, and messages; lots of singing of the birthday song; and a few presents. The clinic medical staff surprised me with a bday party complete with balloons, cokes, cake and a present.

The next night some of us girls went out to a nice restaurant for dinner (yes we do have a few in the city for tourists, the rich foreigners, embassy peeps, or non-mozambican-mozambicans.)



And just a little of why I’m here in an old hymn that I love (yup all the verses):


All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.


I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.


I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.




All to Jesus I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.


I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!


I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.



Glory, Glory, to His Name!




Merry Christmas to everyone!

No comments: