30.12.08

Adopt-a-tot in Prayer

Well, some of you, most of you, know that I’m trying to start a prayer program for my tots in the BH, Bercario (nursery), and Tracey’s House.  I’m inviting those of you who are interested to join me.  Here’s what it looks like.  You adopt a child to pray for as a individual, a couple, a family, a class.  You commit to praying for him or her daily or at least weekly.  You will get updates and pictures on your child and receive special prayer requests.  I would love pictures of their adopter as well to show them.  I would like to make a folder for each kid with their adoptive parent, and prayers you send me from time to time  that you have prayed for them.  I want to be able to read them to them, show them who’s caring for them and loving them, and give them the folder when they are a little older.  I really believe that prayer makes a difference.  It can and will make a difference in these children’s lives.  How amazing would it be to have the experience of praying for a child as a family and then hearing of the positive impact it has made?  Each of these children are very  special and have different stories and needs.  Please considering joining me in ministering to these kids.  My goal is to have each and every kid I am caring for covered in prayer.  There are 35 at the moment, as the one’s currently in Tracey’s House will be moving to a camarata (dorm) very soon, and the oldest tots in the BH will be moving to her place.  We are, however, expecting up to 10 more admits to the BH in another month or so.  There is a center near us closing down and we would be receiving all their children.  We are looking forward to carrying for these children soon!

 

Please let me know if this is something God is laying on your heart.  If it is, please leave a comment with your name or email me (my email is under contacts on the right sidebar) and I will email you the packet of information that gives more details on the program and features each of the kids, including their picture, their story, and a little about them.  This is something I have been working on for months and am really excited about it.  I have 5 adopted already……who’s next?

No comments: