25.7.09

Latifo and Chelsia

Well....one down and one to go.....

Latifo is much much better. Back to his normal self. He's now getting his final day of nebulizer treatments and only 2x/day. :) He's smiling and playing and eating and cheerful! he looks great! Thanks for all the prayers.....

Now on to the next victim of this yucky cold.....Chelsia (11 months).
Poor tot is not doing well. It started yesterday morning that i noticed her intermittently wheezing and the tias said she hasn't been eating well for the last day or so. She got 9 breathing treatments in 24 hours......you may do the math. I'm tired. I like night shift, but NOT when i work all day too! I started her on prednisone (steroid) to help alliviate the swelling in her airways and help her breathe easier after her 3rd treatment in just 3 hours, but apparently it really hasn't kicked in...so her dose is being adjusted today and lots of praying will commence. Also, we are running out of nebulizer solution today which at times is impossible to find in the country, but praise the Lord, we found some at a shop in town today and are sending someone to go get it!

Please pray for Chelsia, that the meds will kick in and help her breathe easier, that she will get over whatever is making her body react like this, that she will grow stronger, that we will have the medical wisdom to treat her, that we will have the ENERGY to treat her. Pray that this virus stops, and that no other tots or babies get this! Some really can't afford to be this sick. Thanks for the prayers, we saw a miraculous change in latifo in under 24 hours that cannot be attributed to the meds. Praise God! I will keep you updated!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Would I be allowed to ship you some Xopenex nebs that we have left over from Colten??? Not sure on how that would go over with customs. If it is allowed, let me know and I will get them to you the next time I take Steven a package to the post office.

erin said...

i'll do you one better amy...since it takes 4-6 wks anyway to get over here and i'll be in the States for 6 wks starting in a month....i'll email you my parent's address and i can just bring them back myself! cheaper too. :)

Amy said...

That sounds awesome. I will see what all I can gather up. I know a lot of missionary programs will use expired meds? What's your theory on this? My email is pixieah@gmail.com or you can email me on Facebook.

erin said...

sent you another email.....Thanks amy!