7.9.08

We're taking him to a private clinic this time...

I’m sorry I can’t report better things, but things are pretty much unchanged.  Last night for his 10p and this am for his 6a feeding he refused the syringe totally and acting like he wanted the bottle so I let him try….30 min later and one tired baby the most he’s taken is 50ml (that’s less than 2 ounces and we gotta get at least 5 in him!)  At least he’s showing interest in eating again though…..but for the rest of today he refused his papino for breakfast and soup for lunch and didn’t take more than ½ an ounce by bottle the rest of today….soooo progression and regression (I feel like I’m back in the NICU-1 step forward, two steps back)!  He’s been a lot more alert and playful today, but not back up to par. 

 

Decision made:  we are taking him to the private clinic in town tomorrow (actually where any of us go when we are sick) and asking for another xray, a complete blood workup, and a  complete physical.  I pray we will figure out what is wrong with him.  This episode is just an acute event, but he has been going downhill for the last month.  I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with him ever since I got here.  Tracey, the baby house director is taking him for the night and thankfully one of the other nurses did 2 of his feedings today for me so I could sneak a 2 hour nap that was beyond needed….there’s a nasty virus that  is going around the center and the baby house and it’s making the kids spike temps of at least 103 degrees for close to 24 hours despite alternating Tylenol and ibuprofen so between Dionisio, giving/preparing meds, and the viral thing….this has been an INSANE weekend.  I’m thankful I can go to bed early, sleep in late, and hopefully, it will be uninterrupted sleep! 

 

Please pray for our consult tomorrow that we get a great doctor, that they really listen to us, and that we figure out what is wrong with him.  We know the outcome might not be great, but we are believing that God has great things in store for this little fellow as his mother has died, his father abandoned him right after while he was sick in the hospital and only 2 months old (the hospital actually called us and asked us to take him), and he has never been a well kid.  He has overcome a lot and does NOT have the spirit of a fighter so I know it’s by the grace of God he’s still with us.  Ok, I’ll email updates tomorrow with the results of our consult!

No comments: