27.1.09

What my little heart desires.....

well, besides SNOW. i know, i know...some of you are tired of it. Quite frankily, you NEVER hear me saying it, but I'm really over all this heat...it's getting the better of me. I'm really looking foward to a little cold weather......please snow, please snow, please snow.....


Ok, on to what my heart really desires:

Lately, I've been quite enamored with some textbooks and manuals.....gasp. I know. but, i have. and no, it does NOT include the "s" word (school). I think it's in an effort to gain a little more knowledge and to be a better nurse here. A few of you are probably confused, as I've only admitted that I'm staying through the end of August and what with my break and all, that's only another 6 months. I am fully aware of how dumb this sounds. Here's a secret.....God only tells me what I need to know, when I need to know it....cause I'm stubborn and quite frankly, can't handle it! So while I have NO clue how long I'll be here at Zimpeto, in Mozambique, or on the field.....I do have a super big desire to increase my library of helpful books. Also, I'm looking into a 2 wk crash medical intensive course for people in the field of developing countries that just so happens to fit into my break in September of this year.....that said, I can only guess, where this is going.......

So now that you are all very interested in sharing this journey with me....I'd love to share the books I really want to use in equipping me to help these kids the best I can. If you are interested in perhaps funding a book or part of one for me.....or you are just interested to know what they heck I need help with.....click onto my Amazon wishlist below (of course, the latest edition is what my heart desires, since medicne changes rapidly, but it does not NEED to be NEW!):

My Amazon.com Wish List

PS....I'll be in the STATES until March 10th at which time, I could, very easily, pack these puppies in my baggage and whisk them away to Africa. And amazon has free shipping often times. Just saying.....of course.....I love paperbacks especially, as they decrease the weight of the book. Books are HEAVY! but I have to say, I'll take newest edition over weight anyday. ok, just another tidbit for you.

No comments: