27.5.09

To know our God as comforter

The twins are still here.  Our reintegration team prepared a packet of info involving the twins, the investigations we had done, their history at the center, and the medical history and needs and brought it to the social welfare office late yesterday.  Now we are just waiting to see what happens between them and the family!  Please continue praying....for the moment they are still with us.
 
Addie got transferred last night to the baixa which is their version of the intensive care unit.  No girls are allowed to visit.  Something about how it's an intensive care and a scary place and kids are really really sick and dying and girls shouldn't see that kind of thing.  never mind that a female has to stay with the kid, no girls allowed.  I am still a girl so I was not allowed to see addie today.  but she's still on oxygen, having trouble breathing, and has a feeding tube.  At least she's getting some help and doesn't have to expend as much energy eating every 3 hrs.  The tia on the other hand is NOT allowed to sleep at all.  she must sit in a hard wooden chair next to addie's bedside and be the nurse....I mean, nurse's right hand girl.  something like that.  these first 2 wks will be the hardest not only as her body adjusts to the really powerful TB medications but as the TB medications start working on the virus.  Please pray for her.  It's been 3 weeks now to the day that she went into the hospital!  I really wanted to hold her today and pray over her and give her kisses, but I won't be able to do so again until she's out of baixa.  Pray for the tia that's with her, for strength, endurance, wisdom and empowerment to speak up on addie's behalf, and compassion for Addie! 
 
Thanks so much for covering our staff, myself, and our kids in prayer.  I know God is listening and I'm believing Him for results in His timing!  As we were singing in home group tonight I was having a little trouble with some of the lyrics about God being just, true, faithful, and all His ways being right all the time....as I kept singing and working through them I was gently reminded how we live in a fallen world with a different ruler than the God we serve.  He does not cause the pain and the suffering, the sickness, the evil, the death.  Our director tonight said it is always easy to see God's faithfulness in our lives when we look back, looking at the past.  But it is often the here and now and even more importantly, trusting His faithfulness into the future that we get hung up.  That is so true at the moment for me with these little tykes.  I know without a shadow of a doubt He is good and true and His ways are just and merciful and He is always faithful when I look over my life.  I just need to stand firm in what I know so I can trust Him now and in the future with Addie, Carolina, and Mario.  Then tonight I opened my email to find a friend had sent me some scripture verses.  One is a verse God showed me when I first started this journey on the way to Mozambique and I cling to it often.  I needed to be reminded of it tonight.
 
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has annointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty tot eh captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound, to proclaim the year of the lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion-to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified."  -Isaiah 61:1-3
 
The next verses reminded me to be still in Him and to let Him fight these battles for me for He is far stronger.  In fact He has already fought these battles in the natural and supernatural and won!  We can be assured and take peace in knowing this.
 
"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."  -Exodus 14:14
 
And then finally, the verses reminded me of why He allows us to go through these times without just delivering us at once.  To know Him as our comforter!
 
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesuss Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselvs are comforted by God."  -2 Corinthians 1:3-4
 
Thank you for all the encouragement ya'll have sent me!  I am truly blessed by all of you! 
 
 

No comments: